Wednesday, October 16, 2013

maybe

Maybe it is about catching glimpses of my true self and not about being the "old me". Maybe it is like when we have glimpses of heaven.  Maybe I am so focused on trying to get back to "normal" that I am missing the point of it all.  In my struggles and attempts to regain life as I knew it, I may just be missing the bigger picture.  I need to stop trying to regain what life was like and learn to enjoy, accept, and embrace a new way of life.  I am sure I am missing out on great things while I am busy trying to get back what I lost.  I do have to say that I LOVE this not busy life style I have had to adopt.  I love just hanging with my kids. I love taking time to read to them, braid their hair, snuggle up and watch a movie together.  I enjoy just sitting down and breathing-not feeling stressed to do this or that or hurry up the kids so I can get more done in a day.  Life is more peaceful in many ways- one of the "perks" of depression I guess.  It has taught me to slow down and find ways to enjoy what I have.

Met with my Bishop last night.  It was good. Really good.  He gave me some things to do (most importantly he told me to prepare [and follow] a detailed plan for exactly what I am going to do when I start to feel the darkness come.)  He helped me to see this all from another perspective.  He gave me permission to not be perfect :) and let me know that it is okay to ask for help-that may sound dumb but I think it is what I really needed to hear. Today I felt a little more hope as I let the things we talked about and decided upon sink in.  I am to the point where most days are good days. The light out weighs the darkness now.  I just need to keep on keeping on so we don't reverse that.  So much more going through my head right now, but I think I need more time to process it all before I write.


No comments: