Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What a difference a day makes...

Yesterday was a no good, horrible, really rotten day (as those of you who read this blog know.) Today has been a million times better. And here is why:
1. I have great kids who are quick to forgive their cranky mom.

2. I have an incredible husband who puts up with my mommy tantrums and started my day off at 5:15 by letting me know how much he loves me before he left for work. I just love that man!

3. Rain!!! lots and lots of rain today.  AND cool temperatures!! I do not do the heat well, at all.  The cool weather today was heaven sent!

4. I did not over schedule my day.

5. I did not make myself finish every job/project I started.

6. I played with my kids- went to the park and went for a walk with Audrey holding my hand and read them silly stories.

7. I exercised

8. I showered!

9. I chose to be happy despite anything that tried to pull me down.

10. I gave myself an attitude adjustment.

11. I practiced breathing techniques my father-in-law sent me after reading yesterday's post.

12. I didn't let anything stress me out.

13. I cooked a yummy dinner from scratch that was healthy and fun- I forgot how much I enjoyed making food- real, home cooked food.

14. Good friends who gave us a garbage bag full of new Legos! This was an incredible gift- still not sure they realize what they were giving up so we will keep them and pass them back to them when their kids are old enough to play with them.  Mara and Wyatt have been building for the past hour and a half.  I can't help smiling every few minutes as one of them shouts, "AWESOME!!!" "COOL!!" "Did you see this piece?  These are so awesome!!!!"  Thank you dear friends- best thing to come in a garbage bag-ever!

15. and last, but certainly not least, enjoying some peanut m&ms!

1 comment:

Kirk and Dynelle said...

I'm glad you had such a good day and were able to feel more relaxed! I love how much you are blogging lately, you have inspired me to keep blogging. I love getting a peek into your life!