Friday, September 13, 2013

Freaking Out

I am kinda, sorta, totally freaking out inside!!!!

Mara, my 10 year old, is growing up way to fast (for me)!

She is on the phone with a friend from school right now- shouldn't be a big deal, but it kind of is.  She has never really talked on the phone with anyone besides family.  Most of her friends up to this point in her life have been friends from church so she would just chat with them at school and church.  If they wanted to get together to play, she would have me text their mom.

We came home from shopping for new church shoes for the big kids (more on that in a minute) and there was a message for Mara on the answering machine.  Then, before she can return the call, the phone rings.  It is her friend. She takes the phone to her room! TO HER ROOM! Not ready for this!

Nate tries to ease my stress by saying, "We really shouldn't freak out until it is a boy calling."  WHAT?!?!?! I can't even think about that yet.  Her growing up is going to kill me.  I almost hyperventilated when we had to go get her training bras, which, by the way, I learned are not called training bras anymore but a bralettes.  We just bought her church shoes and she picked ones with a heel! She has always worn ballet flats and now she is wearing a little heel!  I don't even wear heels (except on rare occasions.) Just breathe, just breathe- I am going to be okay, some how I will survive this (if not, Nate seems totally calm and cool about it all so he can take over and deal with the preteen and teen years on his own.)

I am so not going to let her know how this is affecting me or she may just use it against me.

Can't she just stay a little girl forever???
Welcome to the world Mara!







Happy 10th Birthday Mara!!!! It has gone by so fast- LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Sam said...

Love that girl! She is precious! :-)

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

oh my gosh, those photos are killing ME! I want her to stay little too! :)

pulsburg.blogspot.com said...

Sara, I am loving your posts. Keep up the good work. You are an example to us all.

Kirk and Dynelle said...

Love the cute pictures! I will freak out when that day comes for me too. They are called bralettes now? oh boy!