

I have learned that Mara is happier (which means happier everyone) if she has a craft or art project to do everyday. Yesterday we made heart shaped crayons. It was easy and took care of all the broken crayons we had laying around. I got this idea from Parents magazine. Just break the crayons into small pieces and place in a nonstick mold. Bake in a 250 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool and then pop them out of the mold. The kids enjoyed watching through the oven door to see the crayons as they melted. Now Mara wants to try every shape she can think of.
5 comments:
THose turned out SOO cute! I may have to borrow your mold and try it with my girls.
I have heard about this before but never actually tried it. You are inspiring me, i think my kids, especially jenna would love this, thanks for sharing!
I have a heart and star mold from a shower I did and made flavored ice. But I haven't used them since. What a great idea!
My mom did that with us when I was little except she melted it into a liquid using a double boiler and the crayon liquid was in a baby food jar. Then she poured the liquid was into chocolate molds. Your ways looks 100 times easier and SOOOO cute!!!
my boys LOVED those... even if they were heart-shaped.
Post a Comment