So, I am mean. I can't stand combing Mara's hair and listening to her cry everyday. She has a VERY tender head and she starts crying as soon as she sees a comb. Yesterday after her bath, I reached my limit and as soon as she was dressed I took her to the closest hair cutting place and had them chop off her hair. I wanted to go even shorter but didn't trust the lady too much with doing a really short cut and style. Thankfully- Mara did not cry. She wouldn't say a word to me or anyone for a little bit, but now she loves her haircut. I think it is fitting for her spunky personality. As the lady was finishing the hair cut Mara heard her favorite song come on the radio in the salon. She cheered right up and even started singing along- I feel this was a tender mercy from the Lord. It may have just saved my relationship with Mara for the moment. These pictures are of Mara admiring herself in the reading room mirrors.
4 comments:
So cute! I love it and I think you're right - it does fit her personality. Very cute.
Sara, I was just noticing in the picnic post how long her hair was and thought it was cute, but I love the short way better! It definitely fits her!
I LOVE it! And I agree that it fits her spunky personality!
How fun! my boys hate hair cuts as well. Because of this fact I don't cut it as often. It's only when they look like cousin it that I pull the clippers out!
Post a Comment