Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday I think I finally figured out why I am always so tired. My day started at 5am. I went and worked out for an hour then hurried home to try to read scriptures and work on my lesson for Sunday before the kids woke up. Once the kids were up (6:45-yeah they slept in!!!!), we did the whole breakfast, get dressed, etc. Then off to the church for a 9 am workout while the kids ran wild at the church. Then home for a quick shower, fix lunch, work on a craft, try to have some form of quiet time- tried to read for a few minutes but fell asleep only to be woken up by Wyatt after just 10 minutes. Then Mara's friend Madisen came over to play and make St. Patty's day Rainbows. We went fora walk/bike ride around the complex. As we got home I realized I left my keys back at the mailbox. So we walk/ran back to the mailboxes, praying my keys were still there. Thankfully, they were. Then inside to clean up and make dinner. Nate actually was home for dinner!!!! ( He has had to work LONG hours the last couple of weeks.) Nate was a sweetheart and did the dishes and cleared the table while the kids got a very quick bath/shower. The bed time routine and off to bed with the kiddos. I sat on the couch at 6:45 pm exhausted and somehow stayed awake to spend a few minutes with Nate until almost 8:30. At that point sleep won over. It started all over again with my 5am workout this morning. Why do I do this to myself? The only conclusion: I am crazy.
Notice both girls are pink from head to toe. Mara's newest thing is her refusal to wear anything but skirts. I found several pink skirts at Target that had shorts under them, but they are all too big in the wast and almost fall off when she runs. You can kind of see on her bike that her skirt is falling down. You would think a child of mine would have enough hips to keep this from happening but apparently she has been blessed with better genes.

7 comments:

Jon and Ashley said...

That does sound like a busy day. It's amazing how fast the days go, and sometimes you feel like you haven't accomplished anything. Your pictures are always so darling. I love Mara's hair. How do you get your pictures to line up like that, and be spread out?

Jane said...

You are the WOMAN! I can't believe you worked out at 5am before coming to the church workout! Here I was proud of myself for just that one workout. Not to mention everything you did afterwards and in-between.

TnT Bingham said...

Wow! Sara, you are amazing! I'm motivated after reading this to make my workouts more of a priority in my day. You should be so proud of accomplishing so much in a day. (What a cutie Mara is in her pink skirt.)

Rachel Seren said...

What a supermom! Days like those are busy, but fun! You were definitely justified to fall asleep at 8:30!

Rachel said...

That is so funny about Mara's skirt obsession! I had a sister like that who said she wouldn't wear pants because then she'd be a boy. Girls are so funny!!!

Emily B said...

Love your blog, Sara. I can't believe you get all that done in one day. I feel like such a slacker.
Emily =)

Ryan & Keri said...

Sara, you're like Super Mom / Woman! Good for you that you are so motivated to work out at 5 a.m. every day. That is impressive! And you do so many fun things with your kids each day. I have a lot to learn from you! Go you!!!