Thursday, December 26, 2013

Mara

Mara has pneumonia.  She has been on antibiotics for just over 4 days.  She should be doing better but she keeps having set backs.  I feel like we are on a horrid roller coaster ride.  The last three days I have stressed out majorly- do we take her back to the ER? Do we just wait it out? She seems fine for a while and then she goes down hill. Then she naps and bounces back a little and then goes down hill again. It is miserable to see her like this and feel helpless in making it better for her.  Today she threw up mucus ALL over herself and the couch.  She hasn't eaten and now has a fever. The antibiotic has made her have diarrhea which is awful when you are coughing so much and so hard.  I would just call my doctor but they are closed!  I tired to find a new doctor this week after coming home from the ER but after researching and finally finding someone I felt would be good, found out the doctor is out of town until January 6th and the office lady said she thought Mara should be seen before then.  We have an appointment tomorrow at 8:20 am but I am not all that confident they will be of any help. I don't know which doctor we will get to see, pretty sure it won't be our pediatrician as she is always too busy to see us for sick visits.  Nate is sick, but at work today.  Audrey has strep, but is doing fine with her antibiotic.  She is whiny and has a runny nose still.  Wyatt is the only one who is perfectly fine, but he is getting a little sick of being stuck inside. It has been 2 weeks today since we started with all this sickness and I just can't handle it anymore!!!  I am going crazy.  Now, I know that this trial in our life right now is small.  Mara will be fine.  Everyone will be healthy again before long.  Our medical bills will get paid off eventually.  We will be fine. But it is still hard.  I just want to cry.  I just want to sleep and not worry about anyone for one night.  I have so many things I haven't written about and all the stress from the past month is building up since I haven't taken time to release it.  Too tired right now to deal with it so I am signing off and letting the kids watch Studio C while I close my eyes for a minute.

No comments: