President Thomas S. Monson wrote in the January 2012 Ensign about the abundant life. An abundant life is a life filled with an abundance of success, goodness,and blessings. To achieve an abundant life you need to have a positive attitude; believe in yourself, those around you, and eternal principles; and be courageous.
"Therefore go, [Sara], and thou shalt be favored of the Lord, [if] thou has not murmured." -1 Nephi 3:6- well I am sure I have missed out on quite a few blessings lately with my murmuring attitude. Murmuring shows a lack of faith, trust and confidence in the Lord and in myself. So today I will give myself an attitude adjustment. If you hear me begin to murmur about my kids or life or primary, feel free to slap me and remind me not to be like Laman and Lamuel.
As I pondered some of these things, part of a quote I use to have hanging on my mirror came to mind- "..be so busy with the improvement of yourself that there is no time to criticize others..." I just need to focus on doing my best and remember that that is what everyone is doing. When I start to think my best just isn't good enough I must remember that, "Best is Best" and I can't do anymore than that-none of us can. Each of us are at different levels and each of our bests are different and each day our best can be totally different than what we were capable of doing as best the day before. well, that is enough rambling thoughts for this morning.
Abundance by Jeannie Knott
Abundance is something you are
Not something you have
Abundance is what you give
Not what you get
Abundance is a heart attitude
Not a bank account
Abundance is a life style
Not a house style
Abundance is a concept
Not a collection
Abundance is sharing what you love
Not counting your shares
Abundance is knowing everything is loaned to you
Not thinking how much you own
Abundance doesn't depend on riches
But on on God's amazing resources
Abundance is sharing God's wealth
With anyone and everyone you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment