Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Yesterday a friend lost her baby. Her pain and anguish is beyond my comprehension.  The heartache I feel for her and her family is so small compared to what they all must be going through.  I have not been able to stop thinking about her and praying for her. I lay awake last night and early this morning praying she will find comfort, that she will remember that the Atonement of Jesus Christ covers all pain and suffering, that the only person who can truly understand her pain and bring her any source of peace is our Savior.  I pray she will feel His loving arms encircle her and hold her as she mourns this great loss.  I find myself this day holding my own children closer, hugging them a little longer, and watching them as they play.  Today I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the knowledge and blessings of the temple.  Grateful that families can be together forever.

Wyatt is home from school with a bad cough, but I see this as a blessing instead of an annoyance because today I get one more day to spend with him, one more day to play a game with him, to listen to his excitement over animals and his new books from the library, and one more day to love him and hold him.  It is truly a tragedy that it often takes someone else's loss for us to wake up and realize how blessed we are to have people in our lives who we love and who give us the gift of love in return.  May this be a wake up call to us all that life is more precious then we realize, that our time together is often shorter then we would like, and right now is the time to hold close all those who matter to us.  And most importantly, let us not forget or take life for granted again.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

She has been on my mind all day too. Tears are close to the surface and I'm trying to re-prioritize so my kids get more attention (Molly Maids is grateful for my wake up call, too, as they are at this moment helping dig me out of a hole so I can focus on what matters most!) :)

Charlotte said...

amen

Emily B said...

I've been grateful for having my kids around lately also. I try to enjoy every minute I have with them that I can. It is sad that it takes tragedies like this to make me appreciate what I take for granted every day.