Saturday, August 13, 2011

blah

I want to change my name, just for a few days-hey even one day I would take!, if I hear "MOMMYYYYY!!!!" one more time today Nate may come home to either a less child or two or a completely insane wife.  I feel a bit frustrated and whiny today and I just need to vent for a minute-just ignore the next few paragraphs!

My foot hurts- I could tell a week ago that my feet were getting sore after running.  I figure it is time for new running shoes but with school uniforms and the endless list of school supplies (36 glue sticks just for Wyatt??? really?? completely ridiculous!!!) there isn't money in the budget this month.  Then on top of needing new shoes, i have been playing Wii Fit Plus games barefoot with the kids.  Racing Wyatt in wii running has not helped my feet.  My right foot is really sore though- I can't stop running now, not when I am finely doing well.  I may have to switch to swimming for a few weeks until my foot feels better and I can get new shoes.

Mara and Wyatt are driving me CRAZY!  The summer started off great with them playing together so nicely and doing their workbooks and reading without any complaints- it was so nice that I actually thought about homeschooling next year, but now with a couple weeks left until school starts i am counting down the minutes!  They wake up and start fighting right away.  I mean really, what is there to fight about at 6 in the morning?  Wyatt punched Mara in the face the other morning. He lost Legos for a few days for that and it didn't phase him too much because he keeps hitting and pulling hair and picking on the girls.  Nate thinks he should lose all his toys and games, but that is more like punishment for me.  He is really a concern for me (Wyatt not Nate.) There are lots of little things about his behaviors that have me worried but not sure what to do about any of it. I am very interested to see how he does going to school.  There is nothing major but enough little things that I worry.  anyway- a few more days...I can do this. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.  I hope for the kids sake I can!  I am ready to get rid of the TV all together-they don't watch much but when they do they fight more and talk back and act like little stinkers.  I don't get it, they only get to watch PBS and I am even picky about what shows on there they can watch.  Oh well- starting tomorrow there will be no tv or movies at our house for the kids.

Audrey has been talking for a few months now.  She use to whisper everything until about 2 weeks ago and now she YELLS everything.  My nerves are so frayed!!!!  I swear she is making me lose it faster than the other 2 monkeys combined. She will be standing next to me and crab my pants, pull on them while screaming Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! MOOOMMMYYY!!!!  She does this no matter what- i can be looking at her, talking to her, holding her and she still does it!  Is she just trying to be heard over the constant bickering of her siblings???  who knows but the screaming is killing me!  I pray this phase passes quickly.

I am also frustrated because i swear I can't cook or bake anymore.  I feel like nothing is turning out the way I want it to.  Things I have made a million times are not turning out and it is so annoying!!!  I just took bread out of the oven and if this batch didn't turn out right I may just give up cooking and baking altogether for a while.  we can live off taco bell or something!

I do not do well in hot weather- give me snow or rain any day and I am a happy camper.  The colder the better.  I think most of my frustrations come from the fact that I am HOT.  Seriously- why do we live here?  Let's hope it starts to cool off soon.  (i know this year has not been anywhere near as hot as it usually gets, but anything over 70 is too hot for me.)

OKAY- I will stop with my whining now.  I could go on forever right now, but that doesn't help at all.  I am going to put aside my primary stuff, ignore the bored looks my kids keep giving me, and go read some Harry Potter and try to relax for a few minutes before Audrey wakes up and starts screaming again.  Nate gets home tomorrow afternoon and I hope to have changed my attitude by then.

6 comments:

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

i've been feeling like that for 2 months, and i only have one kid. :) i told nate the other day that sonnet's voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. so sad, isn't it? :) i wish i had some great advice or help to offer, but i think you just have to hang in there until it passes... eventually the kids will go to school and things will change... and in the meantime, know you're not alone. :)

Emily B said...

I'm sorry, Sara. I think we all get into a funk sometimes, and it's good to vent. I know Emilee Carruth one time was using yeast that might have been out of date, and it was affecting her bread. Maybe you have an ingredient that's bad that's causing your food to not turn out. Hang in there.

Charlotte said...

oh how i have been there! go get you're favorite treat and know it will get better. Hang in there.

Emily said...

Oh man this had me laughing so hard. I. HEAR. YOU! Sometimes all it takes is for my kids to open their mouths and I just lose it. These past 2 weeks I have been monster mom. And I wish I could take away tv but then I think Easton might be given away.

Carly has recently started calling me "Emily", so that has cut down on all of the constant mommy that I hear every day, but I totally get that too.

And I'm just getting ready to get back into running, so you can't stop! I need a new swimming suit if we're going to start swimming.

36 glue sticks???

Diane Jaggi said...

What size shoe do you wear?

Sara B said...

diane- i wear a 10 in a running shoe. i will get some soon. i just needed to whine for a little bit =).