So the last few days I have had a bad cold- fever, congested, can't breathe- you know, all that fun stuff. But amongst all the wades of tissues, medicine, and throat lozenges, there were 3 little kids. Little kids who lately haven't gotten along, haven't slept as much as usual, and who have been pushing me ever closer to the edge. But the last few days as I have felt miserable, these little kids have decided to change. I am sure it won't last. I do know that the Lord has shown me His tender mercies this week.
Yesterday, i was so tired and my head was hurting and i just wanted to lay down for a bit. Dre and I had been up since 5:20am helping Nate try to find his truck keys- they were in Wyatt's bed (don't ask me why!) and so I knew she would probably take a little nap in the morning. I laid her down at 8:45 and at 12:15 I started getting really nervous that she wasn't alive-this child does not sleep like this- i was hoping to get an hour at the most but 3 and 1/2-it was heaven!!!! Last night we were suppose to go to a friend's we haven't seen in a couple of years and thankfully for that 2 hours we were there I felt better, didn't need a constant tissue, and my fever stayed away. This morning I was not doing well, and Nate was working at the Temple all morning-followed by a visit to see old friends, I lay in bed thinking, how i are we going to survive this day. When i realize it is quiet and peaceful- the kids must be up to no good. i crawl out of bed to find them all playing happily together with Legos (yes, i know Legos are a choking hazard for someone Dre's age, but she doesn't put them in her mouth-she actually plays with them)- this is a small miracle. I don't think it will last long-WRONG! They played for a couple of hours like that. Then they all came and snuggled in bed with me and we watched a show together. Somehow, with the Lord's help, we not only survived the last few days, but they actually turned out rather well. Right now I am thankful, tired and stuffy-sure, but mostly thankful.
2 comments:
I'm sorry you have been feeling so sick! Thank goodness for tender mercies, it reminds us we aren't all alone in this world. I hope you feel better soon and no one else gets it!
You have GREAT kids, and I'm so glad they were good to you while you were sick. I hope you continue to feel better!
Post a Comment