well it has certainly been a busy and eventful day! Today was Mara's birthday and baptism. We came to Utah to do it all with family. The day and night were chaotic and stressful but that is not what I want to remember about today. What I want to remember are the special little things that made all the frustrations worthwhile.
-When Mara was finished being confirmed, she stood and hugged those who had been standing in the circle to help confirm her and out of no where Wyatt comes up front and gives her a big hug, One of the sweetest moments of my life, He is such a tender spirit,
-having both sets of grandparents there to support Mara,
-forgetting to bring Mara's change of underwear to wear after she came out of the water and instead of her having a melt down, she hugs me and says with a smile, "It's okay Mom. No big deal. It's okay."
-having a dear friend and her sweet kids drive from Vegas to be there to surprise and support Mara
-hearing Mara say this is her best birthday EVER
-hearing the emotion in my dear husband's voice as he baptized her and again as he confirmed her
-having her cousin be baptized with her
-being able to have my sister Carly there to help plan everything, take pictures and make it all go as smoothly as possible!
-no family drama (well besides grandpa getting into a fender bender on the way there)
-seeing Mara make the choice to enter the waters of baptism and to witness her first steps down the path that will lead her back to her Heavenly Father.
Grateful. Very grateful. Blessed. Very Blessed.
2 comments:
Oh sounds awesome. Wyatt walking up to give her a hug makes ME want to cry. So sweet!
Sara, I miss you. I wish I could stay more on top of reading blogs. You are such an inspiration to me with your positive attitude and mother heart. Not to mention, that you ooze mother wisdom. I seriously love reading about how you love each of your children so much. And I can't believe Mara is baptized. CRAZY!!! Glad you could be around family for it. Hope things continue to go well for your family.
Post a Comment