Thursday, February 19, 2009

Funny Mara

The other day the kids were talking about names and the discussion led to questions about why my last name changed and is not the same as my parents. I told the kids that when you get married your last name changes. Wyatt asked, "What will my name be?" I further explained that it is the girl's last name that changes and that she gets the boys' last name as her new one. Without any hesitation, Mara says, " So I will be Mara Hulet?" Nate and I started laughing. We were a little shocked. Nate asked why she said that. Her reply- "Because Lincoln and I are going to get married." Well Lincoln, I hope you get some say in this! We are glad she has picked a fun and loving family to join herself to and one we would love to be related to too!

6 comments:

Emilee said...

Too funny! Mara doesn't miss a beat!

Hibbard Family said...

First reading this I thought she was going to say something about Zach... didn't she pat his rear end once???

Sara B said...

Yes she patted Zach's bum and still has a major crush on him but she now realizes that he is already married and must move on.

Ryan & Keri said...

This is so funny! And I am convinced you belong in a magazine, Sara. You are such a good mom! Colored bread--my kids would think that was so fun! You've inspired me to try it out! And I'm sorry to hear about Nate's stones/surgery--NO FUN-- and at least with the tooth situation, Mara seems really excited about it! You guys never have a dull moment.

TnT Bingham said...

We love you guys! The butter and bread sound so fun. =) My mother always did things with food coloring....Carolina Blue milk for breakfast the morning after the Tarheel's won a basketball game is one example. It's a fun childhhod memory. Your kids will have the same kind of great memories when they grow up.

Mara is definitely a gal who knows what she wants!--cute name changing story.

Emily B said...

At least she picked a good family to marry in to. Sara - thank you so much for the cute booties. I got them, and I love them!