Saturday, August 04, 2007

Last night's dinner

So, last night for dinner I tried a new recipe for turkey burgers. They had slices fo green onion mixed in with the burgers. Mara asked what the green things were and without waiting for a reply she said she didn't like them and wouldn't eat the dinner. The rule at our house is you have to at least try it and then if you don't like it you don't have to eat it, but you have to try it. She took a bite and said it was good. Then she didn't eat any more of it. A few minutes later she said, "Mom, we shouldn't have the same dinner over and over again. We should have lots of different dinners instead." I asked if she felt like I made the same things over and over again. She said no. Nate started laughing and realized she was saying that she didn't want me to make THIS dinner over and over again. We asked if that is what she meant. She said, "well, this dinner is good, but I don't want to have to eat it ever again!" I guess she just wasn't ready for a turkey burger with dijion mustard, gueyere cheese, and green onions. They rest of us, even Wyatt, sure enjoyed them though.

No comments: