Sunday, February 09, 2014

Music

I love a good song, but I almost never know the artist or song title- it is just not my thing. I don't think in song lyrics or own very many cds. The same can not be said for my husband. He owns a million CDs. He knows most song titles and artists. He thinks in song lyrics. When he is quiet and in his own world and I ask him what he is thinking, he always start singing whatever song is stuck in his head. He listens to music all the time.

One thing I Love about his music mindedness is that he "talks" to me through songs. A few examples:

-when we were dating he called me one night and told me to grab on of my roommate's cds and listen to a certain song-he waited while I got the cd- and as I listened to the song, he told me that this song explains his feelings for me. (Angel by Dave Matthews Band) -for our wedding reception, he picked the music for our first dance and for the whole night! (From this Moment By Shawnia Twain-he hates country but knows I am a fan) -the last few months he has played a song over and over again. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but I like to think he plays it for me. (Home by Philip Phillips)

"Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm going to make this place your home"
He has inspired me to pay more attention to music and the lyrics. Right now, the song that resonates with me is Brave by Sara Bareilles-
"Everybody's been there, everybody's been stared down
By the enemy
Fallen for the fear and done some disappearing
Bow down to the mighty
Don't run, stop holding your tongue
Maybe there's a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is
Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be braveWith what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be braveAnd since your history of silence
Won't do you any good
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty
Why don't you tell them the truth?Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be braveWith what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave"I am trying to be brave, but I fear being truly honest with what I think and how I feel (hence the lack of posts and the building up emotions that are threatening to pull me under.). I will try to be more brave and let the words fall out.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry










2 comments:

Our Family of Six said...

I like both those songs.
One of the songs that expresses my feelings lately is "Human" by Christina Perri. I have to remind myself that even though I am doing my best, 'I am only human'. Heavenly Father helps me get through the rest. ;)

Holly Hoffman Spears said...

I never listen to the radio either, but I looked that song up today. love it!