Sunday, September 20, 2009
Life in bed can be so boring, but thanks to a laptop, tv (thanks Liz!), and GREAT books (thanks Holly!) I am surviving. I am currently reading Catching Fire, the sequel to Hunger Games and it is fantastic so far! If you haven't read these books- do it!
I did get my driving privileges back on Thursday and have been out a few times to do mandatory things like doctor appts, flu shots, and dying my hair for the first time in YEARS (thanks Kate and Jenna- i love being darker!)
My doctor's appt went well. I am not dilating very much like I did with Wyatt but I did lose 4 pounds in a week and I tested positive for strep B. This wouldn't be a big deal expect that I have fast labors and I need to get at least one dose of the antibiotic in me before the baby is delivered. They don't start the antibiotic until labor starts and it is a 4 hour process for them to do the i.v. and have the meds cross the placenta and get to the baby. I was induced with Wyatt and he was born in less then four hours. Mara was induced when I wasn't even dilated to a 1 and she was born in less then 8 hrs. So my decision I was struggling with to be induced or go into labor on my own has now been made. They will induce me so they can get the antibiotic in to protect the baby. He doesn't want to induce more than a week before my due date which would be perfect except Nate has to be out of town for three days exactly a week before my due date! His job has been so good to us throughout the whole kidney thing the past 9months that we can't really say no he has to be here those days. So we will see what happens. I will probably get put on total bed rest the last 2-3 weeks to prevent me from going in to labor on my own. My doctor said we will schedule the induction at my next appt (oct 1) so pretty soon we will know what day this little girl will be making her appearance.
I had a dream before I knew I was pregnant this time. It was a very real dream and it makes me a little nervous. So in the dream I was pregnant and my sister, Carly (who lives 6 hrs from here), took me to the hospital to have the baby because Nate was not around. The baby came so fast that Carly actually delivered the baby- a girl. I then had to call Nate and tell him he missed the birth. I told my sister to be prepared to deliver this baby and the crazy thing is she is in nursing school and this semester she is doing her labor and deliver round! I told her when I schedule the induction that she may need to be ready to come down for a few days just in case the dream was a foreshadowing of what is to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes! Please tell me she still isn't breech too. I hope that everything just goes so smoothly and calmly for you. I wish I was there to help you - and deliver your baby if needed!
I'm so sorry to hear that you're on bed rest. I guess it makes perfect sense... right? I can't believe that she'll be with you in a few short weeks. I SWEAR you were just telling me that you were pregnant! Oh, and I can't wait to see the dark hair... I bet it's fabulous!
Wow! It sounds like you have a lot going on. I'm so sorry to hear that you are on bedrest, that wouldn't be much fun, but at least it is not complete bedrest yet. :) and that is scary that she is feet down, if they can't get her turned will they do a c-sec. automatically or will they still try for a vag. delivery? I hope you start feeling better. I really miss seeing you and the kiddos and all of our little chats. oh and btw, if you have time, I am seriously jones-ing for those bars you made at emilee's going away party, I think they were pumpkin with carmel frosting or something, it might have even just been a sheet cake - i dont know. but if you remember, I would love the recipe. thanks
Post a Comment