Tuesday, July 21, 2009

another nate update

We finally met with Nate's doctor yesterday after having his last CT. He told us Nate's anatomy is really messed up. Where a normal person has 2 blood vessels Nate has 7! Way to over achieve babe! SO, they found the two main problems causing all this trouble. They can fix both but it will be a major surgery with 4-6 weeks of down time to recover. They will be opening up is abdomen with a very large incision (at least he will have cool scar to show everyone) and cut, move and reconnect his left utrer and will have to reconstruct the utrer and opening of right kidney. Fingers crossed this will solve all the major problems and life will return to normal just about the time our little girl is due. We are waiting to hear when the surgery will be scheduled for for sure. The earliest will be on August 17th and the latest would be the 14th of September.

3 comments:

Carly said...

At least they know what the problem is and it is fixable. I wish I ws not in school so I could come down and help you out. You are all in our thoughts and prayers, even though we don't call often enough. Love you!

Emilee said...

There's just never a dull moment at your house! Glad to know that Nate is an over not under achiever. Good luck!!

Hibbard Family said...

Hopefully this will be a fix! Also - I'd like to be on your blog list! jennahibbard@gmail.com