Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He takes after his dad more everyday! They just love ridiculous facial hair.
Mara's creations with play dough.
I feel like I have been so busy running around lately, but I can't think of what I have actually been doing. I am worn out, not remembering to take my camera anywhere, and forgetting what we have done the day before. I feel like a total slacker of a mom and wonder how do all these amazing women I know (yes, I mean all of you reading this) get everything done, look so good doing it, and have so much confidence in yourself and so much poise and patience???? All I want to do is take a nap! As I am sitting here trying to steal a few minutes ( the kids are occupied with puzzles) to update at least something on our blog I am touched by Mara singing "When Jesus Christ was Baptized" and realize that I am doing a least one thing right- I get Mara to Primary each week where she learns and grows so much. On that same note, Wyatt has been going around the house singing "Rock of Ages" which he has been learning during the practice hymn in Sacrament meeting. It is amazing what music can do to touch hearts- my kids sweet hearts and my stubborn, hard heart. I am so grateful for church music and puzzles right now that I can't help that tears our running down my sweaty. tired, and old face. Man- I REALLY need a nap today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Emilee said...

You're the patient poised mom who is great at spending quality time with your kids! Our biggest downfall is that we're all too hard on ourselves. I'm impressed that Wyatt is picking up on "Rock of Ages"- that's amazing!

Rachel Seren said...

You are such an amazing mom! I agree with you about the music! When I look back and remember the first time I felt the spirit it was through music.

Rachel said...

Love the moose-stach! SOOOO cute! You are the cutest mom, Sara!

Hibbard Family said...

You are the patient poised mom that I look to for an example. Its awsome that your kids have a love for music, especially church music. It invites such a great spirit wherever they go. hang in there, I think you are doing fabulous! And take your nap girl!

TnT Bingham said...

Sara, I love this post! I think we've talked about before how we all need to be more honest with each other about how hard life can be. I know EXACTLY what you mean about that nap! Thanks for your honesty!

Oh yeah, and I definitely agree with the other comments....from where I sit, YOU are the patient, poised, beautiful supermom and wife! =) Hang in there! You are working miracles everyday!

Kimberly Bingham said...

I'm with you, Sara! I need a nap too! I hope we'll both get some rest this weekend. I don't think you're old, though. And if you're worn out, it simply can't be because you're a slacker mom. It's because you're busy kicking but!

Ryan & Keri said...

Sara, you are one of the best mothers and strongest mothers I know. I draw so much strength from your testimony and hearing you share stories about what you're teaching your children. You're an amazing woman!

Anonymous said...

We are supermoms- not because we do it all, but because we get it all done. YOU ARE NOT OLD.
Love Kami

Anonymous said...

You are too hard on yourself Sara and yes, you probably needed a nap. I try to sneak one in a couple times a week and I think I'm a better mom for it. You always feel better when you're not tired. You really are an amazing woman though Sara and I hope that deep down, you know that!