Friday was an eventful day. In the morning we had Madisen come over to play and they made princess hats and wands, but some how we didn't get any pictures of the girls just of Wyatt's orange dunce cap. Then we went visiting teaching. I just love Barbara (the lady I visit) she is an incredible woman and such an amazing example of strength, patience, and love. Mara was running around her back yard and fell and scraped her leg pretty good. Things went down hill from there for a while. Mara wanted to go to the park after visiting teaching but by the time we got there her friends were leaving and Mara lost it big time! She through a whopper of a fit. While I was driving us all home she undid her seat belt and got out of her car seat yelling at me the entire time to go back to the park. I was not happy with this dangerous behavior and she got put in bed the second we got home. She fell asleep and had her first nap in probably 3 months. She woke up as the happy, fun loving Mara I am use to. It is amazing what a couple hours of sleep can do for you! After Mara woke up we went up to the duck ponds where we used to live and fed the ducks with some friends of ours. The pictures are of Dallin and Danica Benson. We had a great time with them and then headed to the library. Nate made it home right before bedtime so we let the kids stay up and have a movie night.
Saturday night our friends volunteered to watch the kids so Nate and I could go out. Emilee and Bill watched the kids while we went to dinner (THANKS!!!!!!!) Nate had planned to take me shopping so I could get some new clothes, (he is such a sweetheart!) but we forgot that we hadn't gotten the headlights fixed yet and so we had to go home early, but it was nice to spend some time alone with him. Sunday, Wyatt finally was able to go back to nursery! It was so nice to just take him to class and drop him off and not worry about him for 2 hours.
jane it is west of Grand Canyon on Lake North (one street south of Sahara.) It is just the duck pond no real park but we go and have a picnic there sometimes and feed the ducks and geese.
Sara, You are so cute and funny. I know I always say this, but I'm going to say it again. I am SO GLAD I'm not the only mom who feels like she's losing it and that feels like her kids are going to drive her nuts. The sad thing is the day will come all too fast where they will be grown up. That day looks pretty nice sometimes though doesn't it.
You have such a cute family. Mara really has a sparkling personality. She really is so much fun, lots of work, but that seems to go along with all the really fun ones. I hope to see you at Recipe group next week.
We love the video! Wyatt, we love you and we miss you! It sounds like Mara had a hard time...so glad that a nap helped!--Naps and a good nights sleep seem to help us around here when we get cranky too!
7 comments:
What a fun adventure. It is amazing what naptime can do for kids!
That looks like such a fun park! You are always doing such fun things with you kids!
where is this pond at? I would love to take Vaughn there sometime. We still go to that area quite a bit. Sounds like you guys had a fun time!
jane it is west of Grand Canyon on Lake North (one street south of Sahara.) It is just the duck pond no real park but we go and have a picnic there sometimes and feed the ducks and geese.
Sara,
You are so cute and funny. I know I always say this, but I'm going to say it again. I am SO GLAD I'm not the only mom who feels like she's losing it and that feels like her kids are going to drive her nuts. The sad thing is the day will come all too fast where they will be grown up. That day looks pretty nice sometimes though doesn't it.
You have such a cute family. Mara really has a sparkling personality. She really is so much fun, lots of work, but that seems to go along with all the really fun ones. I hope to see you at Recipe group next week.
We love the video! Wyatt, we love you and we miss you! It sounds like Mara had a hard time...so glad that a nap helped!--Naps and a good nights sleep seem to help us around here when we get cranky too!
Post a Comment