Recently I read Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan's book, Where Courage Calls. There were a couple parts that jumped out at me that I wanted to write down and share:
"Now, dearie, ya gotta take care. That word should, it's a slip'ry one. Who gets ta measure shoulds? Only God gets ta say. If He says ya should, then ya mind Him. If folks say ya should-ya jest go back an' ask God. Don't need more'n that to measure up to."
-----------------------------------
"That one about David and Goliath. That was me. I was fightin' somethin' way bigger than me....But I...I wasn't goin' in the name of the Lord. That was my problem. I come back home that night and went to bed cryin'-but I ended up prayin' too. If David could fight that big ol' giant Goliath- and God could make him win- then I could start fightin' again too. The same God who helped him could help me. My life ain't easy- but it got better. God's been helpin' me- every day. I know that. I'm so thankful that ya told us that story. I needed to hear it again."
now take some time and ponder those words...
1 comment:
Love it! Thanks for sharing, now I'm off to ponder.
Post a Comment