If I want to run i will just have to do it late at night and have it effect my not sleeping even more than just not sleeping because my mind and body are out of wack. This could be a really good excuse for me to use so I don't have to run, but the problem is, I actually like it. Shocking, I know. I will never be a "runner" but I do like to run and I love the sense of accomplishment when I am finished. SO- I will continue to run and not sleep (at least until my kids are old enough to be left alone in the mornings.)
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
SCREWED
Yesterday, I was at the doctor's and after a very long wait, I finally got to see my doctor. I have had problems with insomnia since my senior year in high school. I am just use to not sleeping now, but would really like to sleep again one day. He asked me lots of questions and he knew that I had started running a while ago. He said, "You don't run at night do you?" I, of course, do run at night. He said that was a big part of the problem then. He said if I could go run at about 5:30 or 6 then it shouldn't effect my sleeping. No good- Nate is often not home by then. So he asks if I could switch and go running in the morning. I told me Nate leaves for work at 5am everyday, to which he replies, "Well, your just screwed then!" So true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well if you're screwed then so am I, because there's no way I'd run if you didn't! Maybe we can go in the middle of the day and bring all of our kids with us.
I run late at night too. Usually like 10:30. It's the only time my kids don't come in and ask me to do stuff for them. It's funny to hear your doctor say that about running late at night because I sleep better now that I run. I am "wired" after I run, but once I get in bed, I sleep well. I hope you can find what works for you, but I say if are enjoying running, then don't stop. There will probably come a time when you can do it in the morning or late afternoon/ evening.
And I hope you guys don't move, Sara. I'm sure if you do it will be great for you guys, but I'm hoping you get to stay.
So good to hear that you are loving running! Have you tried taking any melatonin (sp?) you should take that right when you get home from your run and see if that will knock you out!! Keep me updated on the life plans!
Post a Comment