Friday, November 13, 2009

3 weeks

I can't believe Audrey is three weeks old! It seems like time has just flown by and yet it is hard to remember life before she was part of our family. The doctor just called to let us know her kidneys are just fine! Nate called shortly before that to tell me that his Doctor just read the results of his renal scan and everything looks perfect! We may be at the end of our kidney problems for good. I forgot to post about Wyatt's 4th birthday. It was mixed in there with visits from grandparents, great grandparents, blessing, dr visits, h1n1 flu shots, etc. We celebrated a few days early so he could have family here to help him party. We had a picnic at the park with his Delozier Grandparents, Higginson great Grandparents, and his great aunt and uncle. He picked a bat cake at the last minute and it turned out okay considering my sleep deprivation, lack of desire to go to the store to buy the stuff to make it the way I really wanted to, and that my kitchen was torn apart. He received 7 new sets of Lego's- his favorite is the spiderman set from Grandma and Grandpa Bingham. He is such a big boy now- I can't believe he is 4 already! Today started out with me feeling like supermom- I made banana-strawberry pancakes from scratch while holding a needy 3 week old and making a lunch for Mara. I got Mara to school and then got 30 minutes of exercise in, a shower with no one bugging me, pumped a bottle of breast milk while reading my scriptures, then I figured out how to work Skype to talk to my brother, finally got Audrey to take a nap in her crib and not in my room or in my arms, and helped make a few Lego race cars. Now I am feeling like tired mom, but happy mom. I just may be able to survive having three kids after all! I just hope the kids don't think they will be getting supermom everyday- I am not up to that!

7 comments:

Emilee said...

Sara you are supermom!! Wahoo!! Those pictures are precious. I love sweet, sleeping babies.

Samye said...

I have always thought you were super mom....but that is ALOT of stuff to accomplish in one day!! I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

You are a supermom and I am way impressed by everything you always have accomplished.

Jeremy and Taren said...

I agree. I have always thought you were super mom too. Your kids are the cutest!! Happy Birthday Wyatt!!

vickersfam said...

Way to go, Supermom! I hope Wyatt enjoyed his 4th birthday. And glad to hear everything is well medically with everyone!

Ryan & Keri said...

It's amazing how fast time flies and how a new baby feels like its always been there, apart of your every existence. I can't believe Wyatt's four, and I'm amazed by your mad multi-tasking skills.

Rachel said...

What a beautiful baby!!! And I'm so sorry to hear about her rough start but happy she is well!