Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nate Update

Nate met with his doctor yesterday and the ultrasound showed several kidney stones-some large that will probably cause blockage when they try to move out of the kidney, and one of his kidney's is swollen. They are trying to get him into the urologist now. He has decided to continue to pass these stones without pain killers- I think he is crazy but he is a tough one.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh yikes, he is crazy!!! Gall stones were about the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my whole life, I couldn't imagine passing kidney stones unmedicated! Good luck and get your family better!

5ofus said...

Sara tell him to get an extra deep tissue massage on his kidney. Pain pills honestly won't do anything but with all that I have been going through it is amazing what massage does & Steph my friend had two that wouldn't pass & tried massage before surgery & it broke them up & they passed the next morning. I am so sorry for all you are dealing with. Kidney pain SUCKS I know.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

What a trooper. I only had them one time. It was the beginning but my dad gets them all the time and he is literally the toughest man I have seen and I saw tears. Hang in there Nate!

Eva Persson said...

Drinking distilled water will also help dissolve kidney stones. And the massage, also, a great idea. Hope he's doig better.

vickersfam said...

I hope he has minimal pain passing them and that all goes as well as possible.