Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The last couple of days have been a blast! Saturday night Nate took me out for dinner and shopping to celebrate my birthday. We had a great time. Then Monday Emilee took my kids in the morning so I could go shopping. She helped the kids make me a flower birthday cake. It was yummy! Then, last night I thought I was just going to dinner with a couple of friends to celebrate my birthday. We were told we had to go to Red Rock hotel to pick up Kate who was visiting her aunt who was staying there while in town. She told us to come up and see how cool the rooms here were. I still didn't think anything was up. The story they were telling me as we walked to the room was a little odd but, hey, I don't really care, I am away from my kids with the whole night of just good food and conversation ahead of me. We get to the door of the hotel room and there is a sign with a 30 on it- I am still clueless- I thought that is weird, wait, they couldn't be throwing a surprise party could they? No.....but was I wrong! They opened the door and there stood a few more friends and lots of decorations. I couldn't believe it! I was very surprised! We had a great time, eating, laughing, and playing games. The best part was we were staying the night and Nate was going into work late so we could sleep in!!!! Thank you all and your husbands for all you did for me. I can't believe you all and Nate have been planning this for weeks and I had NO idea. Turning 30 with all of you and with Nate's loving support and help was the best!!! Thank you also to all those who called and emailed birthday wishes. I certainly felt loved!!! I didn't have my camera out much so I will have to post more pictures later!

12 comments:

janet said...

How FUN is that? So glad you had a great 30th birthday! You deserve it!

Emily B said...

Happy Birthday, Sara. What a fun slumber party! You'll always remember your 30th.

Hibbard Family said...

YOU DESERVE IT! I was so happy to be a part of the decieving!!!

Rachel said...

Happy, Happy birthday Sara!!!!! I'm so glad it was amazing. :)

Dean Family said...

Happy Birthday- You deserve that so much!!! Looks like you have some really great friends there!

Rachel Seren said...

Wow! looks like a lot of fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The Walkers said...

Oh my word, I did NOT know you were "filming" when I was jumping around like a giddy girl. Anyway...the birthday bash was awesome, and you deserved every bit of it! You only turn 30 once, right?! Here's to more memories!

Diane Jaggi said...

Happy belated Birthday Sara! I hope you had a great day! Welcome to the 30's - It is about time someone joined me. Ha! Isabel is sharing her bday with a special lady.

vickersfam said...

Sara, I'm glad you got such a fun surprise bday party. Way to go everyone who was involved! It was probably a nice break for you. Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! How fun for you. All you fun moms that get together and party. I am such a party pooper I guess because I'm always just at home. You guys are so lucky and so much fun!

Ryan & Keri said...

Happy belated birthday, Sara!! I'm glad you could have so much fun, and I love the cake!!

TnT Bingham said...

Sara, what a fun birthday surprise! I'm so happy for you. --What a fun group of friends you have, and what a good husband! We miss you guys. It was great having you here last weekend!!!!