Thursday, April 10, 2008
Today I have had two beautiful experiences I would like to write down so I can remember them later in life. General Conference this past weekend was inspirational to say the least. I have really tired so much harder to be patient and loving with my kids. I have seen the instantaneous results which has brought much more joy to my life this week. I feel closer to my Heavenly Father and feel His spirit more strongly with me throughout the day. Today, on the way home from a few quick errands, Mara began a conversation with me about the movie Enchanted. She explained to me that the movie is just pretend and that it is a story someone made up. I was glad to know she understands that real life isn't like the fairytale movies she loves to watch. She then started to speak of the Joseph movie. I asked what Joseph and she said Joseph Smith. The next few minutes were spirit filled and brought me to tears. Mara told me that the Joseph Smith movie that we have is not like Enchanted- it is real not just a pretend story. I had the opportunity to park the car and sit and bare my testimony to my children that I know that Joseph Smith did, in fact, see God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. That Joseph Smith truly is a prophet of God. The spirit in our car was so intense. I asked Mara how she thinks I know that this is true. I was pleasantly surprised that she understood that the good feelings we were having at that moment were from the Holy Ghost and that means that it is true. How grateful I am today for the gospel in my life and for all of those wonderful people (aunts, uncles, grandparents, primary teachers and leaders, and so many others) that have helped to teach my children the gospel and have been good examples for them. The second experience was an email from a good friend of mine, Kami, who sent a link to a beautiful video of Christ that brought the spirit right back into our home. Take time to view this video and feel of the spirit. Thanks Kami! http://www.eastvalleyproductions.com/blog.cfm?postID=31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Those moments are priceless! I had a similiar experience with Jesse we watched a movie about Christ's atonement. I didn't know how they would react but the loved it. And the next morning continued to talk and ask questions about it. I was able to bare my testimony to them about the atonement and like you said the spirit was so strong it brought me to tears. I know that just by watching that video my kids started what will become and is a strong foundation of a lasting testimony!
I love this video, Sara. Thanks for sharing. And what a wonderful experience to have with your kids!
What a great moment, being able to see that what you've been trying to instill in your children is taking root.
Thank you for that link, it brought me to tears. I hope I can have beautiful spiritual moments with my children as they get older, like you had. It's so cute to hear Joshua talk about church or after we say a prayer he says, "Let's do it again!" Precious.
You are such a good mom Sara. Thanks for sharing such a sweet experience.
I love your family Sara, and I love that little Mara. She's so darn smart, and she will be one of the great leaders of that age group as they get older...I felt the spirit as I read this story, because I know these little moments that we get with our children are precious and not as common as we wish they could be! Thanks for sharing!
You are such an amazing mom, Sara. Everytime I read your blog, I always think to myself, "I want to be just like her and teach my kids the same way." You are such an example to me. Thank you.
Post a Comment